Three glorious hours of food, drink, history, camaraderie, and an insider’s view of Carmel-by-the-Sea that you’ll never forget
- Participants must be at least 16 years old
- All participants must have experience riding a bicycle
- The cycling portion is accessible to all levels of fitness, thanks to the ebikes
- A light breakfast is recommended – no food provided until the bike ride is finished
- We must be made aware of any dietary considerations prior to the start of the activity – no substitutions will be made without advance notice
- Person Ages 16+
Beautiful bike ride, then a walking food tour through Carmel-by-the-Sea
Eat a hearty breakfast and then rev your morning with a fun ride on a Specialized Turbo Como ebike from downtown Carmel-by-the-Sea to picturesque Point Lobos State Park (as long as the Park is open; otherwise you may visit 17-Mile Drive or explore cottages throughout Carmel-by-the-Sea). Passing several local historic sites, your guide will escort you down the Carmel coastline along Scenic Drive; a one-way, 15-mile per hour road. You’ll pass landmarks such as the Tor House, Butterfly House, Carmel River State Beach, and Clint Eastwood’s Mission Ranch. Before hitting the highway you’ll pass the Carmel Mission. Once on the highway you’ll enjoy views of Monastery Beach before reaching Point Lobos – the inspiration for Treasure Island, and the crown jewel of the California State Parks system. After reaching Point Lobos your guide will lead you to two prime locations to embark on mini hikes to some of the most scenic coastal vistas in California. Take lots of photos so you can share the beauty with your friends who couldn’t make it, and then cycle back to Carmel.
After you return to Mad Dogs & Englishmen around 1:15PM, we’ll sort your bikes, you can stretch your legs, and use the facilities.
Your Food Tour Leader will arrive and tag in just before 1:30 to start the remainder of your tour. This two-hour adventure will comprise four to five tasting locations, and an exploration of Carmel including its history, architecture and culture. Those over 21 will enjoy delightful adult beverages to accompany your tasty bites.
- E-bike (electric-assist)
- Backpack or basket on request
- Filtered water station to fill your personal (you brought it) bottle before the ride
- Tour guide (aka photographer) for bike portion
- Tour guide (aka photographer) for food tour portion
- All food
Mad Dogs & Englishmen Bike Shop