Three glorious hours of food, drink, history, camaraderie, and an insider’s view of Carmel-by-the-Sea that you’ll never forget.
Explore traditional Mexico with exclusive activities, and celebrate Dia de Los Muertos with our own Mexchic Travel expert, Migdalia Denike.
- Tradition, ritual, and AH-MAZING food await you in colorful San Miguel de Allende
- Your very own concierge can answer all questions, and relieve the anxiety of travel to another country
- You’ll never wonder where to go, or what to do – we have plans and options that will thrill you.
Exclusive accommodations and activities are sure to make this an adventure you will hold in your heart forever
Hacienda El Santuario
Set in a former convent dating from 1571, this luxe hotel is an 11-minute walk from folk art exhibits at the Museo del Juguete Popular Mexicano and 4 km from Club de Golf Malanquin
Sazon – Belmond Casa de Sierra Nevada
Tour the colorful San Miguel Market and learn how to select the best produce. Back in the kitchen, you’ll work those ingredients into mouth-watering dishes you’ll enjoy devouring
Have you ever been curious about the allure of traditional Mexico? Join Carmel Food Tours as we partner with MexChic Retreats to create a one-of-a-kind destination tour for those who LOVE food and culture. The color, the ritual, and the absolute magic of San Miguel’s Dia de Los Muertos (Day of the Dead) celebration is the focal point and inspiration during this exclusive week of food, drink, and cultural exploration.
Located in the Bajio Mountains of Central Mexico at an altitude of 6,234 feet, San Miguel’s climate varies only a little throughout the year (average high temperatures hover between 73 and 88 degrees Fahrenheit no matter the season). November through April experiences less rainfall than the summer months.
Our 8-day, 7-night adventure is available to only 14 guests, and will include:
- Luxury airport transfer from Leon or Queretaro airport
- 7 nights’ accommodation at the beautiful Historic Hacienda Santuario Hotel
- Breakfast daily
- Bilingual personal concierge services by Migdalia (Mig) of Carmel Food Tours and MexChic Retreats (a San Miguel de Allende insider)
- Market tour and cooking class at the exclusive Sazon Belmond Cooking School, housed in a magnificent 18th century building
- Two private, chef-driven dinners
- Two walking tours of San Miguel sights
- Bonus optional walking tour during Dia de Los Muertos Celebration to the local cemetery and altars (you may bring a photo of your loved one for the altar)
- A photographer will be available during one dinner and market tour/cooking class, and will also take photos of anyone who chooses to participate in the Dia de Los Muertos makeup
- Travel Insurance (required)
- Optional Gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Meals other than those listed above
- Optional ground transportation within San Miguel (although walking is convenient and encouraged)
- Optional Calavera makeup for the Dia de Los Muertos Celebration (we will provide a makeup artist for anyone interested)
- Stunning floral hairpieces for the Dia de Los Muertos Celebration
- You may purchase photographs taken by our photographer as described above